eCamp3 is a project that aims to re-develop the features of eCamp v2 with modern technologies and an extensible architecture. Currently, we focus on re-building just the camp planning features, which will be released in an MVP (minimal viable product). Later, extensions for course planning and other features will follow.
The following commonly requested improvements over eCamp v2 are already implemented:
- Improved saving features - where possible, data are auto-saved on the fly.
- Usability on mobile phones - the design is mobile-first.
- Login via MiData account of the Swiss Guide and Scouts Movement is possible
- Switching the user interface language, powered by Lokalise
- Formatting texts (bold, italic, etc.) - is prepared, will be activated after the initial release.
eCamp v3 is made up of a backend based on the PHP framework API Platform (Symfony), which offers an API, as well as a Vue.js frontend and some other smaller services.
How can I help?
Thanks for helping! There are a few ways to get started.
- Visit our test environment at https://app-dev.ecamp3.ch. If you discover a bug, open an issue for it.
- To run the project on your computer for development, follow one of our installation guides:
- If you run into problems during setup or need help, don’t worry. Check the discussions whether someone already had and solved your problem, and add a new discussion otherwise.
- Before you can start coding, read our contributing guidelines
- Study the documentation in the wiki
- Choose an issue labeled “good first issue” and try to solve it